Note: The National Career Development Association has officially changed the name of the Career Development Facilitator training to Facilitating Career Development Certificate of Completion.
Visit FacilitatingCareerDevelopment.com for details.
The following information is provided for historical purposes.
Earn your Career Development Facilitator (CDF) certificate through the National Career Development Association so you can learn new skills, affirm existing skills, validate your strengths, enhance your credibility, and show your dedication to your profession.
Click here to register for CDF – immediate access (weekly modules via eLearning). Payments are processed using a secure Paypal link. Cost: $900 per person. Plus the cost of the textbook from NCDA ($125 plus shipping). It typically takes about 12 weeks to complete the CDF program. You have access to the CDF training materials for 90 days — day or night from anywhere with an internet connection.
Validate your expertise and enhance your credibility.
The CDF program is designed for career practitioners, academic advisors, faculty advisors, career advisors, retention coordinators, directors, student affairs professionals, student services specialists, enrollment advisors, admissions recruiters, human resources administrators, career coaches, life coaches, educators, workforce development professionals, and individuals who wish to work in the career development field.
The CDF program gives you an opportunity to review, demonstrate, and validate your strengths and proficiencies in multiple areas of career development to earn national certification as a Career Development Facilitator.
Review, Demonstrate, Validate
- Review career development competencies established by the National Career Development Association.
- Demonstrate your strengths and proficiencies in multiple areas of career development.
- Validate your expertise and show your dedication to your profession by earning your CDF.
- Introduction to CDF
- Developing a Helping Relationship
- Training and Leading Groups
- Career Development Theory and Its Application
- The Role of Assessment in Career Planning
- Ethics and the Career Development Facilitator
- Providing Career Services to Multicultural Populations
- The Role of Career Information and Technological Resources in Career Planning
- Job Seeking and Employability Skills
- Designing and Implementing Career Planning Services
- CDF Projects and Closing Notes
NCDA CDF is a 120-hour professional development program designed for experienced professionals who assist individuals and groups with career exploration, job search preparation, and resources. CDF is a nationally recognized, highly regarded credential that focuses on 12 career development competencies.
Career Development Competencies
- Helping Skills – Be proficient in the basic career facilitating process while including productive interpersonal relationships.
- Labor Market Information and Resources – Understand labor market and occupational information and trends. Be able to use current resources.
- Assessment – Comprehend and use (under supervision) both formal and informal career development assessments with emphasis on relating appropriate ones to the population served.
- Diverse Populations – Recognize special needs of various groups and adapt services to meet their needs.
- Ethical and Legal Issues – Follow the CDF code of ethics and know current legislative regulations.
- Career Development Models – Understand career development theories, models, and techniques as they apply to lifelong development, gender, age, and ethnic background.
- Employability Skills – Know job search strategies and placement techniques, especially in working with specific groups.
- Training Clients and Peers – Prepare and develop materials for training programs and presentations.
- Program Management and Implementation – Understand career development programs and their implementation, and work as a liaison in collaborative relationships.
- Promotion and Public Relations – Market and promote career development programs with staff and supervisors.
- Technology – Comprehend and use career development computer applications.
- Consultation – Accept suggestions for performance improvement from consultants or supervisors.
Endorsements: The Career Development Facilitator (CDF) program is endorsed by the following organizations:
- National Career Development Association
- National Employment Counseling Association
- National Association of Workforce Development Professionals
Professionals who successfully complete this 12 competency program are eligible to apply for national certification as a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) through the Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE), a subsidiary of the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC). The National Career Development Association (NCDA) is a division of the American Counseling Association (ACA).
Technology Requirements: Internet, email, document processing program (Microsoft Word).
The Career Development Facilitator (CDF) training is a nationally recognized, highly regarded program.
Our one-on-one discussions will occur in a password-protected learning area. Group discussions will occur on Facebook. The group discussions on Facebook are optional.
About the Instructors: All of our instructors are Certified NCDA CDF Instructors and Certified NCDA Master Trainers.
The CDF program was established by the National Career Development Association (NCDA). The program consists of reading a textbook, responding to discussion questions, viewing videos, visiting websites, reviewing resources, completing projects relevant to you and your target audience as well as participating in conversations using interactive web tools, webinars, and video conferencing (no travel required).
You are welcome to contact our lead instructor, Marie Smith. Marie Smith is a Certified CDF Instructor and Certified Master Trainer for the National Career Development Association (NCDA). She is also a Certified GCDF Instructor for the National Employment Counseling Association (NECA).
Click here to register for CDF – immediate access (weekly modules via eLearning). Payments are processed using a secure Paypal link. Cost: $900 per person. Plus the cost of the CDF textbook from NCDA (approximately $100 plus shipping). It typically takes about 12 weeks to complete the CDF program. You have access to the CDF training materials for 90 days — day or night from anywhere with an internet connection.